Friday, December 16, 2011

A shout out to Hunter


Okay so let me first start by saying that my theory on parenthood is that about 90% of the time we wonder why the heck we have choosen to be parents at all. It doesnt pay well as far as money goes in fact that is the total opposite. There is always something that needs cleaned up, a tear to be wiped, and hug to be given, a fight that needs putting out, a child that decides that sleeping at night is not in there plans, someone needs ran here or there, or just plain money for who knows what. You get the idea I am sure but we all become parents for that 10% of the time that all you see all that hard work and talking to and grounding and being just plain mean pay off.
So Hunter's amazing moment or what I like to call it a good mom moment.
The other day after school Hunter called me from his phone (yes Hunter officially has a phone, I don't want to hear it.) He asked if he could walk over to a friends house that I really don"t know, the answer is most often no. I am not a huge fan of him going to anyone's house that I don't know the parents. But he said that he was going with another kid from our neighborhood and one of his beesties. So I was totally fine with it. I just told him to keep me updated on what they were doing and to play outside. So I called him a hour later to just check on him. He was at my sister's just down the street. When I asked him why he was not with his friends he said I told them I had to leave to go to a party. When I asked why he said that he said because mom they were swearing. It was not the friend from our neighborhood so don't you all worry it was this other kid. He left because this kid was swearing non stop. It was a great moment for Hunter and a great mom day for at least that 5 minutes.

1 comment:

The Daley Fam said...

What a cutie! Isn't it great to be reminded why you're working so hard? You're such a good mom!